June 4, 2013

DIY Manly Gift Bucket

Manly Gift Bucket: a new kind of gift basket | Tried & Twisted

 

If you are looking for a gift basket idea for a man in your life, perhaps even for Father's Day, might I suggest the Gift Bucket

I admit they can be a little corny and cliché, but sometimes a gift basket is still the best option for a personalized gift for an occasion somewhere between a simple gift card and a new car.

Recently, my big brother turned 30. Gasp! We are, like, almost adults now or something!

My brother already has pretty much anything he could want, right down to the last Tiki mask, and our family doesn't traditionally give gifts on birthdays, so I was a little out of practice finding that one perfect thing.  It was too much pressure putting all of my bets on one gift.

Enter the gift basket. Tons of random things! Some he may enjoy and others he may feed to the cat, but at least I double my chance of an enjoyable gift.

Gift baskets weren't really designed to be "manly" though, so my hubby and I headed off to the hardware store to find a new solution.


Voila! The Manly Gift Bucket!

Manly Gift Bucket: a new kind of gift basket | Tried & Twisted

We replaced a pretty basket with a useful stainless steel bucket. Instead of ribbons, we used bungee cords, which are colorful, patterned, and perfect for tying around the bucket into a big bow. So brilliant! I wish I had thought of that ages ago.

The bucket was filled with a few of his favorite things: grilling supplies, Budweiser BBQ sauce, craft beer from Appalachian Brewing Company, moonshine jam from Naylor Wine Cellars, and tons of candy. As a home-brewer hobbyist, we knew he would enjoy the variety of good quality beer and alcohol-flavored goodies. Then to really make the gift corny, I wrote a birthday message full of puns, giving clues to what was inside the bucket. 

A gift bucket can easily be customized to any hobby or interest, from sports teams, camping supplies, tools, or whatever fits in the bucket.

What's your go-to gift idea for the guys in your life that are so hard to shop for?

Happy birthday, brother! It's been a great couple of decades and I look forward to heckling you for plenty more!

Featured at: 
Project Inspired
 


Linking at:
Love Bakes Good Cakes, Make it Pretty Monday, Project Inspired, Give Me the Goods Monday, Home Stories A to Z, The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday, Natasha in Oz, I Gotta Try That,

15 comments:

  1. Awesome idea I still don't know what to get hubby from the kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These men are so hard to shop for, aren't they? There's always baked goods as a last alternative. Thanks for stopping by!
      Sara

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this! Such a great idea. My favorite detail is the bungee cords! That's super creative!
    Happy b-day Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea for dads! Following you viz GFC and Google+! Thanks for stopping by my Reese's Puffs Doughnuts post! Hope to connect with you more in the future and hope you'll follow me back!

    www.livingbettertogether.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Rebecca! I loved your Reese's doughnuts post--that's a must-try recipe for sure. I'm following you on G+ now. So nice to meet a fellow blogger!
      Sara

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is such a great idea!! Thanks for sharing at Give Me The Goods Monday!
    Jamie @Better With Age

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! I love your big parties, so it's my pleasure to share. Thanks so much for stopping by!
      Toodles,
      Sara

      Delete
  5. I love this ... the bungee cord bow is so clever! I featured you tonight at the Project Inspire{d} link party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for linking up this great idea for Father's Day to Say G’Day Saturday. This weekend’s party has just started so I hope you can join in again!

    I'm pinning this now!

    Best wishes for a great weekend,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! It was a pleasure to join your party as always. Hope you're enjoying your vacation!
      Sara

      Delete
  7. Love the bungee cord bow! We sell galvanized buckets that would be perfect for this at www.capcatchers.com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...